Thursday, June 16, 2011

These Aren't Pantyhose, They're Sausage Casings

I haven't yet introduced you to my job. And not so much the job, but the job location. I - the cleavage showing, birth control using, swear word spouting, drunk a time or two person that I am - works in a convent. Okay, so technically where my office is isn't in the convent itself, but it is on the grounds of convent. Nuns everywhere. Even a scooter driving nun shows up every now and then.

Although they are not my employer, because I work onsite I have to adhere to their dress code. The biggest complaint I have with that is the fact I have to wear pantyhose if I chose to wear a dress or skirt and anytime I wear open-toed shoes. Winter time isn't bad...I do love to rock a dress with tights and tall boots; it's the warmer months that this absolutely kills me! My first two summers, I avoided dresses all together. This summer, I've found myself the proud owner of a few awesome dresses and today, I caved.

Of course, I only made the decision when I first woke up this morning to wear a dress (plan ahead??? Where's the fun in that?) so I had to leave the house a few minutes early and run into Walmart to grab a pair of hose. In and out of Wally World in under 5 minutes. That's got to be a record. I'm sure of it.

I honestly debated trying to slip on the hose as I was driving to work, but I was too busy catching up on Facebook.

So I get to the office and with my mad crazy ninja skills, I managed to make it to the bathroom without getting detected by a Sister before I was properly attired. There's a sitting area when you first walk into the bathroom and from there is another door that leads to the actual bathroom. I figured I would be able to sit in the recliner and quickly slip on the undergarment. I got them up to my knees and realized they seems awfully tight. Of course...me in my hurry unintentionally grabbed the super enhanced control top ones. Not that I don't need them...I should probably layer five pairs of the damn things on...I'm just past the point of caring if all this flab is sucked in.

When I realized it would be more of a challenged, I waddled (yes, with the hose at knee level) into the bathroom so that if I heard someone come in the front door, I could dive into a stall (again, with my mad crazy ninja skills). With my dress hiked around my waist, I finally struggled into what I'm now calling my sausage casing.

It's been a few years since I've worn pantyhose...now they come with this rubber no slip band???? And they go all the way up to under your bra??? I have never sat up straighter and taller in my life.

I'm also turning interesting shades of blue as I type this...seeing spots...I'm losing feeling from the waist down...

...is this normal?

I'm thinking the dresses are staying in the closest for yet another summer. Or I'm finding another job.

No comments:

Post a Comment